This wall and others on the Cope estates were completed in 1845 just before the Great Famine took hold. The walls, still in remarkably good condition, surround both the Drumilly and the Manor House Estates. There is an interesting article in the Armagh Guardian 1845. A woman who was fleeing after abducting a ‘fine looking little 4 year old boy’ in Charlemont had been appealing for assistance from stone cutters employed by R.W.C. Cope in Loughgall when she was apprehended by Sub-Constable Caffrey, the local policeman. She was committed to Armagh Gaol awaiting trial the outcome of which is unknown.